On Air Now

The Cruise

5:00pm - 8:00pm

  • 0208 050 7479
  • 07520 619 910

Now Playing

Touchdown Radio

The Dance Party


Commercial Medicals (Excludes Balloons)

Class 1 

If you’re thinking of a commercial career, you’ll need to pass a Class 1 Medical assessment, which can only take place at an Aeromedical Centre. You can undergo this in the country in which you intend to get your licence or any other AeMC, but you must make sure that the country in which you are going to undertake your flight training is the one nominated by you as the State of Licence Issue (SOLI). If you omit to do this you have to do a SOLI change which costs money, is an added administrative burden and sometimes is difficult to achieve.

The Class 1 Medical includes Class 2 privileges and validities. It is recommended that you consider getting a Class 1 Medical Certificate before you commit to any financial agreement with a training provider for either the practical or theoretical study towards a commercial licence. After all, if you fail your medical, you won’t be able to complete your training. 

Aviation News

  • What Is Business Aviation?

    Business aviation is essential to tens of thousands of companies of all types and sizes that must compete in a marketplace which demands speed, flexibility, efficiency and productivity.

  • How These 4 LGBTQIA+ Leaders Are Changing the Travel and Aviation Industry

    In travel and aviation, the LGBTQIA+ community faces unprecedented challenges. Transgender pilots undergoing gender reassignments must endure extensive, degrading medical examinations and psychological self-reporting in order to maintain their licenses to fly.

The AV8R Blog